Signs You Require Dehumidifier
Did you know that on any given day, you inhale a variety of particles, from dust and mold spores to the toxic chemicals used to clean the public restroom or gym locker room? Protect your health in humid and moist environments with a dehumidifier.
Check out these signs that indicate you are in need for a dehumidifier:
Take a look at the ceiling in your bathroom as well as the area around your toilet or surrounding the shower. If you see tiny dark spots, it means you have mold problems. Make sure you run the exhaust fan after every shower and fix any necessary ventilation issues. This is an ideal time to run a dehumidifier as well.
If wood retains moisture for too long, it starts to rot and attracts unwanted pests like termites. Rotting wood is sure sign of excessive moisture and can negatively affect the structural integrity of your home over time. It is imperative to remove the extra moisture and replace the affected wood as soon as you recognize any damage.
If you notice beads of water, vapor or fog on the glass in your home, it indicates an abundance of moisture. The reason for this could be that a humidifier is working overtime or construction materials are improperly sealed. A dehumidifier can combat the moisture and restore the humidity in your home to its appropriate levels.
Mildew and mold will surely make their presence known by their musty odors. They thrive on moisture, which is most prevalent in areas like basements and garages when windows are not sealed correctly or there is seepage from ground water. Mold and mildew must be removed immediately, and you can use a dehumidifier to assist in removing the excess moisture causing these substances to grow.
Water Damage & Stains
Water stains are another sign that there is excess moisture in a home. While the stains shows that damage has already been done, it’s important to identify the leaking pipe behind it and get it fixed! Using a dehumidifier really improves this process.
Last but not the least, if you face trouble with allergies, it could be due to poor indoor air quality. Try running a dehumidifier to remove allergens from the air you are breathing to see if it helps.